At The Water Air Food Awards (WAFA), we have a vision of what the world can be, if we focus on exposing solutions rather than the problems. Our mission is to acknowledge, certify and share sustainable water, air, and food solutions worldwide. If you are passionate about driving the change and know how to get on board the right people to make it happen, we have a spot for you!
As Communications Manager, your main role is to ensure information reaching the media and the public as well as other stakeholders is timely, accurate, relevant and useful to the receiver and supporting our strategic aims. You will be defining the WAFA communication strategy and coordinate the implementation across different channels and areas.
You will work with the WAFA President and will coordinate the area managers (Social Media, Crowdfunding, Web Design and Editing, Applications) in executing the communication strategy.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Build the communications team and lead it.
- Administer relevant media channels and fostering media relations.
- Ensure information is created, managed and presented appropriately across different channels and formats:
– Website communication
– Media and Marketing campaigns
- Define external communications plan
- Develop internal communication strategy
- Realize PR Management
Your requiered skills
Our number one requirement is for you to be passionate about communications, and available to volunteer at least 5-8 hours a week. We know that virtually every job description out there requires people to be passionate about what they do, but it is our experience that you cannot do a good volunteering job, unless you have the passion for it.
Your experience and skills:
- Experience in Marketing, Communication and/or PR management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as a touch of creativity
- Managerial skills
- Ability to work remotely, lead and be a part of a team
- Solid MS Office, computer and internet skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, as our volunteers join us from all over the world and the working language is English. The knowledge of Danish language would be an advantage, but not a requirement.
You will be working remotely and require access to a computer with fast internet connection. Regular Skype meetings with the WAFA area managers are required.
It goes without saying that you enjoy working with people and are a team player, and that you are self-driven and well-organized.
What we offer
At WAF Awards, we believe that addressing the world’s most acute problems, like ending hunger, preserving clean air and bringing water to every human being, starts with acknowledging people, who develop solutions that are proven to work. We strive to identify exceptional pioneers in sustainability initiatives and share their stories across multiple platforms, aiming for global reach.
You will work in an international team of enthusiasts from all backgrounds. You will have a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home on something you enjoy. Most importantly, you will have the chance to put your vision in practice and shape the future of an organization with global reach and potential by managing its communications strategy.
Provided we secure the necessary funding, this could turn into a paid position.
How to apply
You can apply with your CV and a short letter of motivation telling us why you want to join WAFA by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We would like our new Communications Manager to start as soon as possible, so are recruiting on an ongoing basis and have no deadline for applications. You can expect a response from us within a few days of submission.
If you would like to know more about WAFA or have further questions, visit our website and get in touch http://wafaward.org/. We look forward to welcoming you on board!