Communications Manager for WAFA Global Organization
At Water Air Food Awards, we believe that addressing the world’s most acute problems – Water, air and food security – starts with identifying exceptional pioneers in sustainable initiatives, that are innovative and proven to work. We share their stories across multiple platforms, aiming for global reach. We give them the visibility they deserve to inspire change and gather support to scale and replicate their solutions.
WAFA’s goal is to become a mainstream platform that mobilizes the global public. Together, we bring to light the good deeds in the world and spread a genuine message of hope.
We count on our volunteers to make that happen.
As Communications Manager, your main role is to ensure information reaching the media and the public as well as other stakeholders is timely, accurate, relevant and useful to the receiver and supporting our strategic aims.
Our number one requirement is for you to be passionate about communications, and available to volunteer 8-10 hours a week. We know that virtually every job description out there requires people to be passionate about what they do, but it is our experience that you cannot do a good volunteering job, unless you have the passion for it.
You will work with the WAFA President and will coordinate the area managers (Social Media, Crowdfunding, Web Design and Editing, Applications) in executing the communication strategy.
Your main tasks responsibilities:
- Build the communications team and leading it
- Administer relevant media channels and fostering media relations
- Ensure information is created, managed and presented appropriately across different channels and formats:
– website communication
– media campaigns
– define external communications plan
– develop internal communication strategy
– marketing campaigns
– PR Management
Your experience and skills:
- Experience in Marketing, Communication and/or PR Management.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as a touch of creativity
- Managerial skills, preferably, when hiring and building a team
- Ability to work remotely, lead and be a part of a team
- Solid MS Office, computer and internet skills
- Excellent knowledge of English language, as our volunteers join us from all over the world and the working language is English
- Knowledge of Danish language is an advantage, but not a requirement.
You will be working remotely and require access to a computer with fast internet connection. Regular Skype meetings with the WAFA area managers are required.
It goes without saying that you enjoy working with people and are a team player, and that you are self-driven and well-organized.
What we offer?
At WAF Awards, we believe that addressing the world’s most acute problems, like ending hunger, preserving clean air and bringing water to every human being, starts with acknowledging people, who develop solutions that are proven to work. We strive to identify exceptional pioneers in sustainability initiatives and share their stories across multiple platforms, aiming for global reach.
You will work in an international team of enthusiasts from all backgrounds. You will have a flexible schedule and the ability to work from home on something you enjoy. Most importantly, you will have the chance to put your vision in practice and shape the future of an organization with global reach and potential by managing its communications strategy.
How to apply?
You can apply with your CV and a short letter of motivation telling us why you want to join WAFA by email to email@example.com
We would like our new Finance Assistant to start as soon as possible, therefore we are recruiting on an ongoing basis and have no deadline for applications. You can expect a response from our HR Manager, Margarida Matias.
If you would like to know more about WAFA or have further questions, visit our website and get in touch http://wafaward.org//. We look forward to welcoming you on board!