WAFA Incubation & Innovation Centre (WIIC)
Since 2008 WAFA has identified exceptional sustainability pioneers – “silent heroes” – from around the world. Their breakthrough solutions to water, air, and food challenges in their communities merit global attention and emulation. With this in mind, WAFA is encouraging universities to create campus incubation and innovation centres (WIIC).
The WIICs will enable WAFA-certified sustainability pioneers and eligible researchers to engage with students who aspire to become social entrepreneurs to create a sustainable world. The WIIC will also enable socially responsible corporations to contribute their financial and human resources in scaling and replicating promising projects.
- Develop problem-solving skills in water, air, and food security.
- Support groundbreaking technologies and solutions through WAFA forums.
- Develop self-sufficient revenue models.
- Promote strategic CSR partnerships with: impact investors, angel networks, venture philanthropists, foundations, corporations, and incubators worldwide.
- Implement innovative design processes and methodology to accelerate replication and scaling of proven solutions.
Value Proposition for Universities and Impact Investors
WAFA’s Incubation and Innovation Centre will provide the opportunity for University to collaborate with corporate partners interested in supporting water, air, and food sustainability initiatives. These partnerships include:
- Access to proven, groundbreaking solutions requiring only research and support to scale beyond local communities.
- Opportunity for corporate volunteer engagement and employee relationship building.
- Enhanced global corporate branding as a responsible business through WIIC exchange programmes.
If interested in opening/ joining WIIC, submit your request here.
Sneha Singh, Phd.
Director, WAFA Incubation and Innovation Center (WIIC)