Apply for WAFA Awards
Silent heroes, we want to hear from you! Let WAFA share your achievements with the world!
On Earth Day, 22 April 2021, WAFA is launching a call for Award Registrations and Nominations.This is your chance to
● Register so we can notify you when submissions open for a WAFA Award or
● Nominate Your favourite project You are helping your community secure access to healthy water, healthy food or clean air! Just fill in the on-line registration below on 22 April 2021, and you will be notified.
Or maybe you know someone who is making a difference in the areas of water, air, or food sustainability? You could help them! E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with their contact details and a brief description why they deserve recognition.
Together we can make it happen!
Keep up your great work!
Subscribe to our newsletter here and follow us on social media.
Prepare your application carefully. The Award criteria and the Key Points below can help.
Award Criteria: – Economic
– Feasibility/Sustainability – Budget Source – Innovation – Empowerment – Scalability – Replicability – Social and Environmental Impact – Future Plans and Duration
Key Points: WAFA provides expert certification and global recognition of your project. Apart from a cash prize, we do not provide funding.
One winner is elected from each category: water, air, food. Identify your category.
An eligible project will: – produce measurable results for at least two years;
– empower community members;
– introduce/upgrade technologies or practices that improve the community’s quality of life;
– provide significant environmental, economic and social benefits;
– be a replicable model for other communities;
– be eligible for impact investment to scale beyond the original community. As soon as we have more details, we’ll let you know!